By accessing this ShinanoTech.com (hereafter ST), you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on ST’s web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
i. Modify or copy the materials;
ii. Use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
iii. Attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on ST’s web site;
iv. Remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
v. Transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by ST at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
The materials on ST’s web site are provided “as is”. ST makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, ST does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
Bank transfer payment, payment through Paypal account, and payment through major Credit Cards are all acceptable methods of payment. For bank transfers, transfer charges imposed by banks shall be borne by the customer. The customer shall make payment in full for all ordered products and services that are listed in ST`s products and service quotation document so that they are confirmed or finalized. Ordered products and services that are not paid in full are not considered finalized unless both parties agreed that it is final — this can only occur when paying through bank transfers where payment confirmation may be delayed. In circumstances where a refund needs to be executed, the recipient of the refund may need to bare the additional fees, unless the reason for refund is due to mistake on ST’s part.
5. Sales Tax and Cancellation Fees
Customers who are based in Japan shall pay an additional 8% sales tax on top of price of service according to Japan Law on purchases of products and services.
Order cancellation fees (50% of the total refund) for ordered services shall be borne by the customer. Ordered products cannot be cancelled, therefore no refund shall take place for ordered products that were eventually unilaterally rescinded by the customer. ST has the right to determine and impose the cancellation charge according to the circumstance.
Unless otherwise stated, the services featured on this website are only available within Japan, or in relation to postings from Japan. All advertising is intended solely for Japan market. You are solely responsible for evaluating the fitness for a particular purpose of any downloads, programs and text available through this site. Redistribution or republication of any part of this site or its content is prohibited, including framing or other similar means, without the express written consent of Open Japan LLC. The company does not warrant that the service from this site will be uninterrupted, timely or error free, although it is provided to the best ability. By using this service you thereby indemnify this ShinanoTech.com, its employees, agents and affiliates against any loss or damage, in whatever manner, howsoever caused.
In no event shall ST or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on ST’s Internet site, even if ST or a ST authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
8. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on ST’s web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. ST does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. ST may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. ST does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
ST has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by ST of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
11. Governing Law
Any claim relating to ST’s web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of Tokyo-Japan without regard to its conflict of law provisions. General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Web Site.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
Personal identification information
We may collect personal identification information from users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when users visit our site, register on the site, place an order, fill out a form, respond to a survey, subscribe to the newsletter and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on our site. Users may be asked for, as appropriate, name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information, social security number Users may, however, visit our site anonymously. We will collect personal identification information from users only if they voluntarily submit such information to us. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information, except that it may prevent them from engaging in certain site related activities.
Non-personal identification information
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information.
Web browser cookies
How we use collected information
Open Japan LLC collects and uses Users personal information for the following purposes:
- To improve customer service
- Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.・To personalize user experience
- We may use information in the aggregate to understand how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on our Site.・To improve our Site
- We continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.・To process transactions
- We may use the information Users provide about themselves when placing an order only to provide service to that order. We do not share this information with outside parties except to the extent necessary to provide the service.・To administer a content, promotion, survey or other Site feature
- To send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them.・To send periodic emails
- The email address Users provide for order processing, will only be used to send them information and updates pertaining to their order.
- It may also be used to respond to their inquiries, and/or other requests or questions. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email or User may contact us via our Site.
Third party websites
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
Compliance with children’s online privacy protection act
Protecting the privacy of the very young is especially important. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information at our Site from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our website is structured to attract anyone under 13.
Your acceptance of these terms
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy and terms of service. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
Open Japan LLC (Hachioji, Tokyo)